Whether you participate in #GivingTuesday, #GTMD2017, #GiveOutDay, or one of the many #GivingDays throughout the year, making the giving experience fun is key. I’ve got a few favorites that have stood out over the past few years. Be sure to share yours in the comments.
5 cool ways to thank and inspire more gifts throughout #givingdays
1. Identify a handful of key donors and do a drop in thanking mob!
The key: Lars happens to be one of the most socially connected people I know. So, of course I saw the post on his Facebook page, as did hundreds of others.
Who knows how much more giving the fun post inspired?!
2. Use fun count-down reminders!
You don’t have to be a theater to have fun with your social media posts that create a sense of urgency.
3. Create an #unselfie campaign
Use this on social media. This gets your community involved by having them send in or post with your #hashtag their selfie shots about why they support YOU!
5. Create personalized thank you videos that knock-the-socks-off a few key supporters!
Students Today Leaders Forever sent me a video just 15 minutes after the 24-hour giving day ended and it still makes me smile. . . year’s later.
Tactics used to increase giving from $10,600 to $78,000!
- Get the entire team involved
- Keep it fun
- Infuse your mission into the process
- Countdown war board
- Clear action steps
- Frequent updates
- A thank you call made to all donors within 4 minutes of each online contribution
- COMMUNICATION – listen at 4:32! You won’t believe what a donor did.
Head over to the Free Resources section to Download a Sample Timeline for New Donor Retention and make sure you keep those new donors engaged all year!