Virtual Conference, Grow Your Good will focus on the benchmarks nonprofits should strive towards. Join us as we work to provide nonprofits with the tools and best practices to succeed.
You’ll hear from thought leaders and nonprofit superstars as we focus on the future of fundraising. Learn everything from how to get results (and track them with analytics), direct mail, email design strategies to increase ROI, tactics to steward donors, and more.
(all times are Eastern)
11 – 11:45am: Are We Getting Results? How to Track Your Efforts with Analytics; Julia Campbell, J Campbell Social Marketing
Effective social media marketing involves thoughtful measurement and analytics. This session will cover:
• How to choose which metrics to track.
• How and where to pull metrics from social media.
• A brief review of popular analytics dashboards.
• How to use a simple spreadsheet to manage tracking.
• Benchmarking reports so you can see how you are doing compared to other nonprofits.
12 – 12:45pm: Visual Storytelling: Graphics, Websites, and Email. Oh My!, Lori L. Jacobwith, Ignited Fundraising
Stories are remembered up to 22 times more than facts alone. If you aren’t including powerful images you quickly become invisible to your supporters.
This session will cover the power of visual storytelling with examples of how sharing facts or stories are more powerful when they are combined with an image. You’ll learn what works and what doesn’t as you learn four key factors for creating powerful visuals.
1 – 1:45pm: 8 Email Tactics to Steward New Donors and Subscribers; Brady Josephson, NextAfter Institute for Online Fundraising
Donor retention is one of the biggest challenges that nonprofits face. But data-driven, tested, and proven strategies are rare to come by. That’s why NextAfter — a fundraising research lab — set out to gather brand new data and research to understand the tactics and strategies used by 199 nonprofits in order to cultivate donors. In this webinar, you’ll learn 7 tactics based on this research to better engage new donors and email subscribers. You’ll also get some answers to questions like:
• How often do nonprofits ask for a 2nd donation?
• What types of content are being used to cultivate new donors?
• Are there any strategies that are proven to impact donor retention?
• What’s the most common time to ask a new subscriber for a donation?
2 – 2:45pm: Digital Envy: Best of Fundraising Examples Rachel Clemens, Mighty Citizen
This session will inspire and equip you with concrete tactics you can implement in your next digital fundraising campaign. We’ll explore great content, unique thinking, and delightful design through emails, websites, online advertising, donation pages, videos—and anything else that increases donations.
• How nonprofits are using creativity and interactivity to engage donors and supporters
• What makes these “best of” examples successful
• How to take inspiration from these examples and turn them into real change at your organization
3 – 3:45pm: Direct Mail and Email Strategies That Increase ROI; Kimberly O’Donnell, Network for Good
How your fundraising appeal looks can be just as important as its content. This session will review tips and best practices for designing your direct mail and email appeal letters so your solicitations result in higher donations and response rates. You’ll learn:
• Trends and best practices for design layout, pictures and testimonials
• How to schedule appeals for increased response rates
• How to leverage A/B testing techniques
• Tips to engage your colleagues so can save time
About Lori: Named one of the Top 25 Fundraising Experts in America, Lori L. Jacobwith has coached organizations to raise more than $300 million dollars from individual donors. Her proven strategies & tools teach nonprofits and their boards to share their stories powerfully and successfully. Lori holds a BA from the University of Minnesota, has additional training from Indiana University’s Fund Raising School and is a longtime member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals. In addition to her passion for fundraising, Lori has attended her native Minnesota State Fair— her favorite summer activity—for more than 50 consecutive years. Follow Lori on Twitter and Facebook.