What if I told you there are magical storytelling tools that will unleash new energy & commitment from your board members?
What and how?
When you provide regular opportunities for your board members to share personal thoughts and stories about what they love about your organization – you’ll ignite a spark of passion that they’ll want to share with others.
At the annual Association of Fundraising Professionals International Conference (AFPICON) my friend & colleague Gail Perry and I delivered a fun, high-energy session where we shared:
Five Magical Storytelling Tools.
1. Invite your board to share: “Why do I care?”
2. In small groups ask them to share: “Why should someone contribute to our organization?”
3. Invite them to craft a 6-word story following an event where they heard a testimonial from a client. Example: Josh doesn’t feel safe at school. OR Rachel. Maestro in the making.
4. Gather the board to listen your CEO and key staff leadership answer questions like: “What else do our programs really need?” “What would that cost?” OR “What would we do if we had an additional $500,000?”
5. Invite your board members to fill in the blank: “Wouldn’t it be wonderful if…?” You’ll be delighted by the powerful conversations this phrase causes.
Do you know exactly what to say to secure your next 5, 6 or 7 figure major gift? Learn how to secure those major gifts by signing up for the Ignite Your Fundraising Results Program that starts in June!